How Universal Bank will continue to serve you
Dear Valued Customer,
Today, as Los Angeles County surpassed the grim milestone of losing more than 30,000 residents to COVID-19, Public Health is reporting an additional 102 daily deaths. Our hope is that as we drive case and hospitalization numbers lower, deaths will decline. With hospitalizations under 2,500 for seven consecutive days, Public Health issued modified LA County Health Officer Order today recommending, but no longer requiring, masking at outdoor mega events and outdoor spaces at K-12 schools and childcare centers. With numbers continuing to surge, Universal Bank would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the measures we have implemented to keep our customers and employees safe and informed, and our systems and services running without disruption.
We have activated our Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, which includes a comprehensive pandemic response. Across all of our locations – which includes 5 branches, we have increased our supplies of disinfecting products and implemented additional enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment for our customers. We also require a mandatory temperature check to enter our branches.
If you are unable to come into one of our branches, please be assured that most of your banking needs can be met through our network of ATMs, online banking platform (both personal and business), and telephone banking services. To deposit a check, you can also mail it to our West Covina Branch at: 3455 Nogales St. West Covina, CA 91792 along with your deposit slip. For assistance, please call our toll free customer support line at (888) 809-8282 or email us at UBonline@universalbank.com.
Please visit our website at www.universalbank.com for more updates. Thank you for your continued trust in Universal Bank. We hope you and your family remain safe and healthy.
Your Universal Bank Team
Updated on 11/23/2020
The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and government agency officials have urged the nation to follow a “social distancing” reinforcement period by staying at least 6 feet from other people while minimizing the number of people in one place as part of the country’s effort to halt the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
1. What steps are Universal Bank taking in response during the social distancing reinforcement period?
We are complying with the CDC recommendation and L.A. County to slow the spread of COVID-19. We require temperature checks for all persons before entering the branches. Customers will also be required to walk in the branch one at a time. Customers and employees are encouraged to stand at least 6 feet from each other whenever possible. Customers showing any COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave the premises.
2. What are Universal Bank’s hours during the social distancing reinforcement period?
For our latest updates, please visit our website and click on Locations and Hours.
Universal Bank encourages our customers to schedule an appointment to reduce wait time.
Arcadia Branch: (626) 821-8080
Eagle Rock Branch: (323) 254-2251
Monterey Park Branch: (626) 293-8500
Rosemead Branch: (626) 285-2251
West Covina Branch: (626) 854-2801
3. What are the bank’s sanitizing standards during the social distancing reinforcement period?
Across all of our locations – which includes 5 branches, we have increased our supplies of disinfecting products and implemented additional enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols. We continue to clean our branches, including Automated Teller Machines (ATM) screens and keypads, with EPA-approved disinfectants. CDC recommends frequent handwashing as a safety protocol.
4. What is Universal Bank’s guideline for employees wearing face masks during the social distancing reinforcement period?
The CDC advises the use of face coverings to slow the spread of the virus for both employees and customers. Please note that customers without a face covering or showing COVID-19 symptoms will be requested to leave the premises.
Personal & Business Banking Solutions
1. What are my banking options if I don’t want to visit a branch during social distancing reinforcement period?
Universal Bank allows customers to stay connected 24/7 with mobile and online banking. You can also download our app by visiting the Apple app store or Google play store.
- Bank online anytime: Sign up for Online Banking to check balances, use our online Bill Pay, transfer money, set up alerts, and more from your computer or mobile device
- eStatements: Sign up through Online Banking and view your statement from your mobile app and cut down on paper waste.
- Deposit checks by mail: Send us your check and deposit slip to: 3455 Nogales St., West Covina, CA, 91792.
- Send and receive money: Use our mobile app or online banking to move money between friends and family with Zelle,® Please note you must be enrolled in Bill Pay to use this product.
- Telephone banking by automated Voice Response Unit (VRU) – Check balances, check your latest transaction and transfer money by calling 1-888-671-1888.
- Treasury Management Services for business clients: Online banking with wire services, remote deposit capture (RDC) and mobile banking are available.
2. During the social distancing reinforcement period, how can customers make cash withdrawals?
Customers can use the ATM at local Universal Bank locations or at any ATM of the customer’s choice. During business hours, branch lobbies are also available for cash transactions. Universal Bank encourages customers to use their debit card for point of sales purchases.
3. Is my money on deposit safe?
Yes. While the stock market is in a volatile position and the Federal Reserve has cut the short-term interest rate, Universal Bank is well capitalized and is in solid liquidity position. Universal Bank is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of Currency of the U.S. Government to ensure safe and soundness of our financial institution. Deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to ensure the confidence of our depositors.
4. How do I access my safe deposit box?
Customers are able to access their safety deposit boxes during business hours. For updated branch hours, please visit our website and click on Locations and Hours.
5. Do I have to come to the branch in person to open an account?
We continue to open accounts at any of our branch locations. If you prefer to limit person to person contact, please call the relationship manager at your nearest branch to arrange an appointment to open an account. Click here to find your nearest branch.
6. How can I keep in contact with Universal Bank and get updates?
Universal Bank will continue to engage its customers through various channels, including phone calls, email and direct mail. A Universal Banker may call you from a branch phone line to provide updates. Please note our branch phone numbers, which are listed here. At the beginning of the call, the Universal Banker will state his/her name, Universal Bank, branch number, and give you a call back number before obtaining any information.
How can I make a loan payment during the social distancing reinforcement period?
For loan customers who usually make their loan payments at our branches, we encourage you to mail in the payments using the pre-addressed envelope enclosed in your monthly statement. The mailing address on the envelope is as follows:
Attn: Loan Service
3455 S. Nogales Street FL 2
West Covina, CA 91792-5106
If you have any questions for loan payments, please contact (626)854-2818 at ext. 122 or ext.162.